Young City Growers is a grassroots initiative focused on creating urban agriculture opportunities for youth in the Waterloo Region.
What we do:
- Providing urban youth with summer employment opportunities
- Providing youth entrepreneurial and leadership training skills
- Increasing participants’ knowledge and skills of organic farming, environmental stewardship, local food systems, and entrepreneurial skills in operating a CSA micro-urban farm
- Building community capacity to address local food security and environmental issues
- Increasing the availability of culturally relevant locally grown food
Young City Growers is Generously Funded By: